The Gazette Notification on the Company Secretaries (Amendment) Regulations, 2020 has been published on 3rd February, 2020 in the Official Gazette of India and the same shall be applicable from the said date of publication.
With the introduction of new regulations, a number of processes / guidelines have changed. A summary of such changes in the student registration, examination enrollment, etc. are furnished here under :
- New Admissions to the Foundation Programme of CS Course stands discontinued. (Note : Existing Foundation Programme Students shall be allowed to appear in the Foundation Programme Examinations till expiry of the validity of their registrations. Such students, after passing the Foundation Programme Examinations, may register for Executive Programme as per existing process.)
- CS Executive Entrance Test (CSEET) is being introduced which will be a mandatory qualifying test for all categories of students for registration to Executive Programme except a few exempted categories. Graduates / Post Graduates, who were hitherto eligible to seek registration directly to Executive Programme, will also have to qualify the CSEET to become eligible for registration to Executive Programme.
- The following categories of students shall be exempted from qualifying CSEET and can seek registration directly to Executive Programme :
a) CS Foundation Programme passed students
b) ICAI (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) Final Course passed students.
c) ICMAI (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India) Final Course passed students
Exemption Fee : Nil
Exemption Fee :Rs.5000/-
- Revised Fee Structure for registration to Executive Programme is given below :
- The first CS Executive Entrance Test shall be tentatively held in the month of May, 2020. Tentative schedule for conducting CS Executive Entrance Test throughout the year shall be as under :
- The CS Executive Entrance Test shall be conducted on a single day as per the following :
a) Computer Based Test of 120 Minutes consisting of four parts viz. (i) Business Communication; (ii) Legal Aptitude & Logical Reasoning (iii) Economic and Business Environment & (iv) Current Affairs; and
b) Viva Voce of 15 Minutes on “Presentation and Communication Skills”
- The CSEET shall be an online Computer-based Test. CSEET will be comprising of MCQs, audio clips, video clips, and descriptive questions.
- An aggregate of 50% and minimum 40% marks in each subject will be the qualifying criteria for CSEET. The duration of CSEET shall be 135 minutes (120 Minutes for MCQ test and 15 minutes for Viva Voce). There will be no negative marking.
- The cut-off dates for registration to Executive Programme and Professional Programme for appearing in the Company Secretaries Examinations held in June and December every year stands changed as under :
Session of CS Executive/ Professional Examinations
No. of Module(s) in which a Student can appear in the Examinations
All Modules ; Any One Module
All Modules ; Any One Module
Cut-off date for Registration to Executive/ Professional Programme
30th November (previous year) ; 31st January (same year)
31st May (same year) ; 31st July (same year)
- Provisional Registration to Executive Programme stands discontinued.
- . Executive and Professional Programme Students (Syllabus 2017 onwards) shall successfully complete a Pre-Examination Test to become eligible for seeking enrolment to the main examinations.
- . Registration of Executive and Professional Programme students should be valid as on the date of submission of examination enrolment application. If the validity of registration has expired, they will have to seek Registration Denovo to become eligible for submission of examination enrolment request.
- . Students enrolled for the main examinations and are desirous of submitting requests for change of Examination Centre, Medium, Combination of Modules shall be required submit formal requests 30 days prior to the date of commencement of examinations.
- A new clause “Continuation of Registration” is being introduced according to which the students will have to keep their registration renewed from time to time even after passing Professional Programme Stage till completion of all the training requirements so as to become entitled to be enrolled as member of the Institute. The prescribed fee for seeking “Continuation of Registration” shall be Rs.1000/- per year.
- The provision of “Extension of Registration” stands discontinued. On expiry of the validity of registration, students of Executive and Professional Programme shall be required to seek renewal through “Registration Denovo” process.